On this page we have made available for listening or download a number of the regular Launceston Historical Society lecture series held on the third Sunday of each month. It is audio only and on MP3.
They go back to 2011 and new ones are being added all the time, so come back and check occasionally.
- The Significance of the Tamar Valley for Tasmanian Aboriginal People. A talk by Geoff McLean on 19 February 2023.
- Lesser-Known Launceston Churches and Missions. A talk by Duncan Grant on 16 October 2022.
- The Mystery of the Oatlands’ Scrimshaw Walking Cane. A talk by Dr Louise Zarmati on 18 September 2022.
- Researching Launceston’s 19th Century Hotels. A talk by Dr Jai Paterson on 21 August 2022.
- The Annandale Community Archaeology Dig. The Second Mead Smith Von Stieglitz Lecture given by John Dent on 17 July 2022
- Anaesthesia and Surgery in Antarctica – No Place to get Sick. The 10th Pugh Day Lecture by Michael Cooper 19th June 2022